The Admissions Process
Admission to NESOP's Professional Photography Program is based on evaluation of the candidate's Application for Admission, school transcript and a personal interview. Prior photographic experience is not required, but NESOP does weigh the seriousness of intent and aptitude of the candidate for admission. Candidates must be at least 17 years of age and high school graduates, or the equivalent.
Applicants with extensive educational or professional experience in photography may be eligible for advanced placement to the program's second year of study. These applicants should present a portfolio of their photography to the Academic Director, who will review the work for advanced placement. The school does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, national origin or sexual orientation. If you need further information or have any questions concerning entrance requirements, contact the school's admissions department.
1. Fill out the Admission Application completely.
2. Sign and date the application and mail it, with a non-refundable $25.00 application fee (payable by cash, check, money order or credit/debit card(please do not mail cash) to:
New England School of Photography
537 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02215
Note: Application fees paid by credit card or debit card must be accompanied by a completed credit card/debit card authorization form. This form is attached to the Admission Application.
3. Make arrangements to have a complete, official high school transcript sent to NESOP. Your official transcript must include the date of your graduation. While NESOP may accept any college transcripts in addition to an applicant’s high school transcript, a complete high school transcript is one of the requirements for admission to the Professional Photography Program.
4. Upon receipt of your application materials, the school will contact you to arrange a personal interview or make other arrangements (such as a telephone interview) if the interview cannot be held in person.
5. After all application materials are received and the personal interview completed, you will be notified of the Academic Director’s decision by mail.
6. Accepted applicants must sign an Enrollment Agreement and make a $500.00 tuition deposit.